Snapchat created an immersive expertise for followers watching the 2023 Girls’s World Cup. When the video games kicked off final month, Snapchat launched a set of augmented actuality (AR) options and unique content material to attach soccer followers with Nationwide Groups throughout the globe.
The content material package deal contains:
- An AR “Workforce Tracker” Lens that permits followers to create team-oriented content material
- Up-to-date stats and highlights
- A function that lets customers gown their Bitmoji characters of their favourite staff’s Adidas uniforms
- Distinctive stickers and filters commemorating the World Cup
- A twice-weekly Snapchat-exclusive present overlaying numerous components of ladies’s soccer
- A collection of challenges encouraging customers to share World Cup-related content material for an opportunity to win money prizes
This partnership marks Snapchat’s funding in AR instruments and athletics. The platform collaborated with the U.S. Girls’s Nationwide Workforce and media firm Togethxr to develop unique AR Lenses created by feminine designers to indicate advocacy for ladies’s sports activities.
Snapchat’s Subsequent Play
AR continues to be a serious focus space for Snapchat. The app has been investing in AR expertise for the previous few years to align with Gen Z procuring habits permitting customers to just about try-on merchandise earlier than buying them.
Snapchat’s newest content material providing not solely bought present customers enthusiastic about following the World Cup however was acquisition play to convey soccer followers onto the platform. And with an official media partnership deliberate with the 2024 Olympic Video games in Paris, we may even see extra sports activities followers gravitating in direction of Snapchat for unique content material and digital experiences.
By specializing in these partnerships, Snapchat may create a lane for itself because the go-to social media platform for main sporting occasions. It additionally signifies Snapchat’s shift from a Gen Z-focused social app to a notable media platform.
After a interval of decline, Snapchat seems to be on the trail to development. The app presently has 750 million energetic customers, with 397 million customers logging in each day in Q2 2023, up practically 4% from Q1.