Chances are high, you’ve got in all probability spent a day falling down a rabbit gap of YouTube movies.
Whereas it is an important supply of leisure, YouTube has additionally proved itself to be a useful software for entrepreneurs. With a world consumer base of greater than 2 billion folks, it is also secure to imagine that your audience is on the platform.
On this put up, we’ll go over key YouTube statistics you’ll want to know in 2022 that will help you achieve your advertising efforts.
2022 YouTube Demographics
Beneath, we’ll go over probably the most essential YouTube statistics that present entrepreneurs how international audiences are utilizing the platform.
Normal YouTube Consumer Demographics
- 81% of U.S. adults say they use YouTube in 2021, up 8% from 2019. (Pew Analysis)
- YouTube is the second most visited web site on the earth. (Hootsuite)
- YouTube accounts for greater than 25% of whole worldwide cellular visitors. (Sandvine)
- YouTube has 2+ billion customers, making up nearly one-third of the whole web. (YouTube for Press)
- In 2021, 36% of U.S. adults say they go to YouTube a number of occasions a day. (Pew Analysis)
- These 2+ billion customers are current in over 100 international locations and devour content material in 80 totally different languages. (YouTube for Press)
- 70% of viewers purchased from a model after seeing content material on YouTube. (Google Advertisements)
- 49.3% of all YouTube viewing time in 2022 might be cellular. (eMarketer)
- YouTube is the highest video streaming app, and the common consumer spends 23.2 hours per thirty days watching content material. (App Annie)
- The preferred YouTube video is Child Shark Dance with 10.41 billion views. (Statista)
- YouTube TV ended Q3 2020 with 3 million subscribers. (Alphabet)
- 70% of individuals used YouTube to train in 2020. (YouTube)
- Livestreams on YouTube grew 45% within the first half of 2020. (YouTube)
YouTube Age Demographics
- Millennials belief YouTube greater than every other era. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- 56% of Gen Z, 54% of Millennials, 48% of Gen X, and 26% of Boomers say they uncover new merchandise most frequently on YouTube. (HubSpot Weblog Analysis)
- In 2021, 95% of U.S. adults between 18 and 29 years of age stated they use YouTube (the age demographic with the best proportion) whereas solely 49% of U.S. adults who’re 65+ years reported utilizing it. (Pew Analysis)
- As of 2022, 20.2% of YouTube’s promoting viewers is between 25 and 34 – the biggest group – and 15.5% is between 35 and 44. (Hootsuite)
- In 2020, 80% of U.S. dad and mom with a toddler age 11 or youthful say their youngster watches movies on YouTube, and 53% of these kids use the platform day by day. (Pew Analysis Middle)
- 84% of fogeys who use YouTube or YouTube Youngsters agree that YouTube makes studying extra enjoyable for his or her kids. (Oxford Economics)
YouTube Gender Demographics
Please word that viewers knowledge for people who don’t establish inside the binary will not be reported.
- 82% of U.S. adults who establish as male report utilizing YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
- 80% of U.S. adults who establish as male say they use YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
- 45.8% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers identifies as feminine. (Hootsuite)
- 54.2% of YouTube’s whole promoting viewers is male. (Hootsuite)
YouTube Geography Demographics
- As of February 2021, 16.6% of YouTube website visits come from the US, 9.4% comes from India, and 4.9% comes from Japan. (Alexa)
- YouTube has launched native variations of the platform in additional than 100 international locations. (YouTube for Press)
- 74% of U.S. adults dwelling in rural areas,, 81% of these dwelling in suburban areas, and 84% dwelling in city areas report utilizing YouTube. (Pew Analysis)
What Completely different Generations Watch on YouTube
What Gen Z Watches on YouTube
- In keeping with a 2021 report, 83% of Gen Z have used YouTube to look at soothing content material that helps them calm down. (YouTube)
- 85% of teenagers use YouTube, making it the most well-liked amongst teenagers. (Pew Analysis)
- 82% of Gen Z say they’ve used YouTube to look at content material that may make them really feel nostalgic. (YouTube)
Takeaways for Video Entrepreneurs
Primarily based on the analysis, Gen Z turns to YouTube after they wish to calm down or revisit constructive recollections from their previous. For those who’re focusing on Gen Z, entertaining content material will reign supreme.
What Millennials Watch on YouTube
- YouTube reaches extra millennials than all of the TV networks mixed. (The Shelf)
- A 2022 report discovered that YouTube can have practically double the penetration of TikTok amongst millennials this yr. (eMarketer)
- Millennials choose watching:
- Information and human curiosity tales to maintain updated
- Unboxing and product evaluation movies to affect spending
- Fast and enjoyable leisure content material (The Shelf)
Takeaways for Video Entrepreneurs
Millennials go to YouTube after they wish to be taught one thing or be entertained. Moreover, they go to the platform to be impressed, watch TV, and make amends for the information. For those who’re focusing on millennials, information tales, product evaluations, entertaining content material, and galvanizing content material will win out.
The right way to Goal the Proper Demographic on YouTube
Whereas every era may watch pretty comparable content material, it is vital to keep in mind that the purpose is totally different. For Gen X it could be to reminisce, whereas for Boomers it is to avoid wasting time, and for Millennials and Gen Z, it may very well be to be taught one thing new.
To correctly goal the suitable demographic on YouTube, take note of the most well-liked classes and forms of movies they watch on the platform.
Simply as it’s for all social networks, constructing a presence on YouTube requires understanding which segments of your viewers are already there and what they’re watching.
Use these statistics to create a YouTube advertising technique that speaks to your viewers’s pursuits, drives income, and will increase conversions.
Having that info makes it simpler to create content material that speaks to their pursuits, maximize ROI, and obtain normal advertising success.
Editor’s word: This put up was initially revealed in April 2019 and has been up to date for comprehensiveness.